Awarded by Jobcentre Plus, the two ticks disability symbol is given to employers as recognition that they have agreed to take action to meet five commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
Lincolnshire East CCG is proud to have been awarded the two ticks disability symbol and has made the following five commitments:
• To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities
• To ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
• To make every effort when employees become disable to make sure they stay in employment
• To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
• Each year to review the five commitments and what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans
Lincolnshire East CCG will also be supporting the Lincolnshire NHS Disability and Mental Health staff network, enabling disabled staff and those with experience of mental health to get support, and to ensure that they are involved in the development of policies and processes that affect them.
Find out more information about the disability symbol two ticks
Disability Confident Committed
Lincolnshire East Clinical Commissioning Group is a disability confident committed employer, to help us improve how we attract, recruit and retain disabled workers and the talents disabled people can bring to our workplace.
Find out more about how we are disability confident committed
Lincolnshire East Clinical Commissioning Group has signed the Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health.
Find out more information about our Mindful Employer Charter
Mindfulness e-learning module
The aim of the Introduction to Mindfulness programme is to increase awareness and understanding of what mindfulness is. Take the e-learning module >>
Lincolnshire Carers Quality Award
Lincolnshire East Clinical Commissioning Group is committed to caring and is working in partnership with other agencies to ensure maximum support is made available to people.
The Carers Charter Quality Award ‘You Care – We Care’ ensures that the profile of unpaid carers in Lincolnshire is raised and the invaluable and essential contribution they make is recognised enabling carers to live fulfilling lives combined with their caring roles.
Find out more information about carers support
A Public Health England campaign, Antibiotic Guardian is about urging members of the public and healthcare professionals to take action to help slow antibiotic resistance and ensure our antibiotics work now and in the future.
As a CCG we have signed up to Antibiotic Guardian to pledge that we won’t overprescribe and we are pleased to be one of a growing number of individuals and organisations to have done so.
Click here for more information about Antibiotic Guardian
Sign up to Safety
As an NHS commissioning organisation we want to do our bit to help the NHS become the safest healthcare system in the world. This is why we have decided to Sign up to Safety, to show our commitment to strengthen patient safety by:
• Setting out the actions we will undertake in response to the five Sign up to Safety pledges, and agreeing to publish these on our website for staff, patients and the public to see
• Committing to turn our actions into a safety improvement plan showing how we intend to save lives and reduce harm for our patients over the next three years
Click here for more information about Sign up to Safety