The Patient Council was established as part of the governance arrangements of the CCG and exists to provide assurance and scrutiny in relation to the CCG’s plans. Membership includes Patient Participation Group (PPG) representatives from Lincolnshire East CCG member practices and other local health providers and organisations who attend to represent the views of patients and the public
The Patient Council has the following membership:-
- LECCG Lay Member for the patient and public involvement (Chair)
- PPG representatives from LECCG member practices
- A patient representative from Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- A patient representative from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- A patient representative from Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust
- LECCG Chief Nurse or Deputy
- A representative from the Practice Manager’s network
- GP representative
- Communications and Engagement representative
- LECCG Senior Locality Manager or Locality Manager
- Carer’s representative
- Healthwatch representative.
View our Patient Council Terms of Reference
Our Patient Council meetings are held on a quarterly basis and are a sub-committee of the Lincolnshire East CCG Quality and Patient Experience Committee. Exception Reports are produced from the Patient Council meetings in order for the Quality and Patient Experience Committee to review the work of the Patient Council and to provide challenge, as appropriate.
The purpose of the patient council is to ensure the population served by the CCG have a voice in the planning and delivery of health services.
Representing patient views
As you will see from the above flow diagram, representatives who sit on the Patient Council gather feedback, opinions and views from local patients and healthcare service users and present this back to the council meetings on behalf of patients registered at the CCG's 30 member practices. Using this feedback form will assist representatives to record the information throughout the process and encourage two way communication between the CCG and patients.
Upcoming meetings and agendas
Please click on the links below to view the documents for each meeting and upcoming meeting dates:
Travel Claim Form
Click here to download a patient travel claim form - Please note, we are able to honour travel claims received within one month, of the end of the month in which the meeting took place.
We welcome feedback on the topics discussed at the Patient Council meetings. if you have any comments or questions, please contact our engagement team by:
📞 Telephone 01522 515305